Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Support for Hillary Clinton


It would be easier to stay quiet and privately cast my vote in November given that many of my business  and other relationships are Republican. Due to my level of conviction and importance of the presidential election I am writing for the first time in my life about who I will vote for president. I will cast my vote for Hillary Clinton. I believe Clinton has the experience and the national-global relationships to be an effective president. Clinton has done a significant amount of positive work on behalf of the people of the United States and the world, while serving in public office as well as people in need through the Clinton Foundation.

She has impressed me as a strong leader during her long career. More recently she has demonstrated significant leadership and relationship building skills during the current campaign as evidenced by the depth and breadth of her campaign organization and the team of high quality individuals she has assembled. She has also been endorsed by leaders that I deeply respect. As an aside, I also appreciate the fact that she has not turned over her campaign manager three times in recent months. I was very impressed with the professional organizational level of the Democratic convention as well as the overall positive-hopeful tone and message. The convention audience and platform was diverse and reflects the long-term demographic trend of the country. The campaign message of "We"  as opposed to "I" speaks to the spirit of cooperation and community and the fact that significant accomplishments come from groups of people who work together. I believe she possesses and has demonstrated the necessary attributes to serve as President of the United States.

Clinton has published detailed policy information and has stayed the course of sticking to her agenda during the campaign. I agree with the majority of her policy agenda and understand that implementation will be influenced by control of the U.S. Congress. I believe her Vice President is an experienced high quality man of character.

Her opponent who is not qualified to be president has run a disastrous campaign that appeals to the worst instincts in people. In the current fractured, hostile and tribal political environment she is winning the race by a significant margin as the voters get a good long look at her, her opponent and Republican party. Despite kid like taunts and the daily ignorant display from her opponent, she has maintained composure. My effort now is to do all I can do to get the vote out in an effort to elect the first women as President of the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment